Why supervision? What is it good for?
What have the participants gotten out of supervision? To list a few examples, here are are some quotes from journalists about what they got out of supervision:
- new perspectives and ideas for work
- learned how to analyze work
- freed of inordinate criticism
- self-reliance has grown
- professional identity strengthened
- increased courage
- improved communicating skills
- burnout prevention
- improved stress management
- time management got better, no more overtime working
- boundary between work and leisure became more clear
- working became easier
- more patience
- learned how to manage own behavior
- ways to develop oneself
- listing of own values has been useful
- faith, that change is possible
- feelings of insufficiency decreased
- clarity to what one really wants in (work) life
The above quotes of observations by journalist supervisees where listed by journalist Eva-Riitta Seies (translation by me).
In this case the supervisees were journalists. Supervision is beneficial regardless of the field of work.
Who benefits from supervision?
Supervision can be used in any field of work. It is useful in all fields of expertise and in different working environments. Work supervision creates a possibility to discuss work-related issues much more in depth, than is usually possible at work.
Supervision is most successful when it is used in a preventive way, but can also be applied with current, urgent issues.
I am specialized in using visual art methods in supervision. If you want to explore this, I have developed many low threshold ways for you to try them out. Naturally visual art methods are not the only methods used. The facilitation of different conversation methods prioritized and drama methods a possibility, always putting of the context and participant needs first. I do not use any method for methods’ sake.
I provide supervision online (using various applications).
Face-to-face supervision I provide in Helsinki and other cities in Finland. In Helsinki there is a possibility to meet in my facilities too.
Contact me and ask more!
Read more about supervision
Something on your mind you want to ask? Contact me: